Contenido principal

Birth and Childcare < Go back


Company certificates for start of mandatory and/or voluntary leave  for the birth and care of a minor benefit can only be sent from the day leave starts. Otherwise, it may not be certified

You can use this service to apply via the Electronic Register for Birth and Care of a Minor benefit, to enjoy the applicable work leave period for birth, adoption, custody for adoption, and permanent fostering or temporary fostering for a period over one year. Any links to the service will be redirected to the portal Your Social Security for authentication.

About this procedure

Who it is for

Workers taking legally established periods of leave for childbirth, adoption or foster care who want to apply for  Birth and Care of a Minor benefits.

What you can do

  • Submit application via Electronic Register for the Birth and Care of a Minor benefit.
  • Apply for the benefit over multiple periods.
  • Attach  documentation.

What you need to do it

  • Once you have logged into Your Social Security, in the “Family” section, click “Birth and care of a minor benefit”.
  • Include the applicable information.
  • Attach the documents indicated.

Please note

After filling in the form, you will be told which documents are to be submitted and it will be possible to upload them.

Next steps

Once the process has been completed, you will receive a “proof of receipt” in PDF format.

If you do not receive the confirmation message, or if you receive an error or failed sending message, you should resubmit the application at another time or use other channels.

The National Social Security Institute will send the application resolution to the address of the person concerned.

You can check the status of your benefit application using the “Your Procedures” section of the personal portal “Your Social Security”, which can be accessed from the e-Office.

To access this service check you have the necessary technical requirements.

El acceso a este servicio estará habilitado únicamente cuando se identifique como persona física o entidad

Complementary Content