Rate this page
Rate this content

Contenido principal

Management of temporary disability benefit (REM) < Go back

This service makes it possible to request, by electronic Register, in the Special Scheme for Sea Workers, the necessary procedures in relation to the temporary disability benefit, such as: the application for temporary disability, the application for the benefit for relapses, the presentation of declarations of situation and dependent children, disagreement with registrations or the communication of data for Personal Income Tax purposes.

About this procedure

Who it is for

To companies and workers in the Special Social Security Scheme for Sea Workers who are temporarily incapacitated.

What you can do

  • Request for direct payment of REM Temporary Disability.
  • Request relapses.
  • Submit the company certificate for the application for REM temporary disability .
  • Declaration of activity status for self-employed workers or self-employed workers.
  • Personal declaration of dependent children of an applicant for temporary disability benefits.
  • Declaration of disagreement with the medical discharge certificate issued by the ISM.
  • Request for review of medical discharge for occupational contingencies issued by the Mutual or Collaborating Company.
  • Request for reimbursement of the TD benefits paid via the delegated payment, which has not been deducted from the contribution forms
  • Request TD contingency calculation
  • Declaration of details for IRPF purposes.

What you need to do it

  • Fill in and attach the application form.
  • Attach copies of all documents detailed in the instructions.
  • Have software that enables you to fill in and save the application form to be attached.

Please note

If you are logging in with a Username + Password (permanent Cl@ve), in order to guarantee a higher level of security, you will be sent an SMS code to the mobile number that you provided at the time of registration. You must enter this code in order to sign the communication in the Electronic Register.

The corresponding Provincial Directorate of the Social Marine Institute will require originals of the necessary documents

To act on behalf of a third party, you must have a power of attorney registered in the Electronic Power of Attorney Registry that allows you to carry out this procedure. If you do not have a valid power of attorney in the aforementioned register, you must provide proof of representation by attaching the standard form of representation that can be downloaded for completion in the "attached documentation" section, or by attaching any other legally valid document that provides a reliable record of this.

The total size of the documents to be attached must not exceed 10 Mb.

Next steps

Once the process has been completed, you will receive a "proof of receipt" in PDF format.

If you do not receive the confirmation message, or if you receive an error or failed sending message, you should resubmit the application at another time or use other channels.

Resolution of the application and notification thereof to the interested party and, where appropriate, to their representative.

You can get information on the status of your application at the Provincial or Local Directorate of the Social Marine Institute. Likewise, you can check the processing status of the application through the service  What is happening with my benefit? (Other accesses)

To access this service check you have the necessary technical requirements.

El acceso a este servicio estará habilitado únicamente cuando se identifique como persona física o entidad

Obtener Acceso
Attached documentation
Complementary Content