Contenido principal

State death and survival (as a representative) < Go back

You can use this service to apply via the Electronic Registry for state benefits for a widow/widower's pension, orphanhood pension and death grants on behalf of another person.

About this procedure

Who it is for

Persons who want to apply for one or more state death and survival benefits (widow/widower's pension, orphanhood pension or death grant) on behalf of another person.

What you can do

  • Submit an application form via the Electronic Registry for one or more state death and survival benefits (widow/widower's pension, orphanhood pension or a death grant) on behalf of another person.
  • Attach documentation.

What you need to do it

  • Include the information requested to submit the application.
  • Attach the documents indicated.

Please note

After filling in the form, you will be told which documents are to be submitted and given the option of uploading them.

If you send the application as a legal representative of the future holder of the benefit, you must accredit this representation by attaching the power of attorney document approved for this purpose. This document can be downloaded in the associated documentation section.  However, you can attach any legally valid document which is proof of the representation.

Also, only if you are asked for it after completing the form, you must send the authorisation document for recognition of benefits for the care of children or foster children, which is in the associated documentation section. If necessary, you will be redirected to download this authorisation document.

The total size of the documents to be attached may not exceed 4 Mb.

Next steps

Once the process has been completed, you will receive a “proof of receipt” in PDF format.

If you do not receive the confirmation message, or if you receive an error or failed sending message, you should  resubmit the application at another time or use other means.

The INSS will send the resolution of the application to the address of the interested party.

Consult the processing status of the application through the service What is the status of my benefit?

To access this service check you have the necessary technical requirements.

El acceso a este servicio estará habilitado únicamente cuando se identifique como persona física o entidad

Complementary Content