OWNERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY ELECTRONIC OFFICE
Article 3.2 of Royal Decree 1671/2009, of 6 November, which partially implements Law 11/2007, of 22 June, on electronic access of citizens to Public Services, states that the Order for creating the e-Office must identify its title holder, the body or bodies entrusted with management and the services available to citizens.
In compliance with this provision, article 2 d) of TIN Order/1459/2010, of 28 May, which creates the e-Office of the Secretariat of State for Social Security, states that the owner of the electronic office (https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/) is the Secretariat of State for Social Security.
With respect to the responsibility of the electronic office, article 2 states:
- Ownership of the electronic office corresponds to the State Secretariat for Social Security.
- Technological management of the office will be the responsibility of the Social Security IT Department.
- The directors of the general directorates, Common Services and Management Organisms attached to the State Secretariat of Social Security, and if applicable, of the organisations included in the electronic office, will be responsible for management, content and services made available to citizens. Responsibility will be determined by the powers granted to each of the bodies by current legislation.
- Management of the office common contents and coordination with the general directorates, common services and management organisms attached to the State Secretariat of Social Security will be the responsibility of this last and will be executed via its Board.
According to |art. 10.2 of Law 11/2007, of 22 June on electronic access of citizens to Public Services, "establishing an electronic office means the title holder is responsible for the integrity, accuracy and updating of information and services that can be accessed via the office". Article 7.1 of Royal Decree 1671/2009, of 6 November, which partially implements Law 11/2007, of 22 June, on electronic access for citizens to public services, adds that "The owner of an electronic office containing a link to another for which a different body or Public Administration is responsible will not be responsible for the integrity, accuracy or updating of the latter".
The Electronic Office must provide the means so that citizens can know if the information or service they are accessing belongs to the electronic office itself, or to an access point that is not the electronic office or belongs to a third party.
Therefore, the links of the Electronic Office must indicate if accessing them means leaving the Electronic Office.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The design of the Electronic Office and its source code, including the logos, trademarks and other distinctive signs that appear on it, belong to Social Security or collaborating Bodies and are protected by the corresponding intellectual property rights. Likewise, the images, |etc. contained on the Social Security server are protected by intellectual property rights.
Information provided on the web site, except when expressly indicated otherwise, may be reused, their total or partial reproduction, modification, distribution and communication for commercial and non-commercial uses is authorised subject to the following conditions:
- Distortion of the information content is always prohibited.
- The user must cite the source of the documents that are reused.
- The user must mention the date of the last update of the documents that are reused.
Social Security declares that it respects the intellectual property rights of third parties; therefore, if you think that this site might be violating your rights, please get in touch with Social Security using the Suggestions and complaints form.
- Handling of personal information through the Electronic Office is subject to the principles and obligations established in Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December, on Personal Data Protection and to the implementing Regulation 1720/2007, of 21 December.
- Specifically, Social Security undertakes to comply with its data handling duty, guaranteeing confidentiality and assuming the technical or organisational security measures necessary to prevent its alteration, loss and unauthorised access, in accordance with the provisions of this legislation.
- The personal data requested for providing the common services of Electronic Notifications, Processing Status and Electronic Register will be included in the following files registered in the Data Protection General Register:
- ELECTRONIC NOTIFICATIONS, for data requested through the Electronic Notifications and Processing Status services, so that citizens can view notifications sent by Social Security and the status of administrative processes in which they are the interested party.
- ELECTRONIC REGISTER, for data requested through the Electronic Register service, so that citizens can present documents and communications directed to some body of the Public Administration, under the terms of Law 30/1992, through this Electronic Office.
- Social Security Computing Management is responsible for both files. The data collected will be limited to those strictly necessary for the identification of the citizen and use of the indicated services.
- Citizens can exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition of the personal data that appear in the above files by sending a request, by any means that leaves a record of it being sent and received, to the Social Security IT Department at Avenida del Doctor Tolosa Latour s/n, 28041 – Madrid..
- Personal data requested for inscription in the Electronic Register of Powers of Attorney will be included in the following file, registered in the Data Protection General Register:
- ELECTRONIC REGISTER OF POWERS OF ATTORNEY, for all the data requested through the Electronic Register of Powers of Attorney service, so that citizens can grant powers voluntarily for undertaking processes and actions by electronic means before the General Directorates, Management Bodies and Common Services attached to the State Secretariat of Social Security under the terms of Order ESS/486/2013, of 26 March, by which the Social Security electronic Register of powers of attorney is created and regulated for carrying out procedures and actions by electronic means via this Electronic Office.
- The responsibility for this file falls to the Social Security General Treasury. The data collected will be strictly limited to those necessary for the identification of Attorneys and Principals in relation to the indicated services.
- Citizens can exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition of their personal data that appear in the above file by making a request by any means that leaves a record of it being sent and its reception and directing it to the Social Security General Treasury: Secretaría General, c/ Astros, 5 y 7, 28007 MADRID.
- The other services that citizens can access via this Electronic Office are the responsibility of the various Management Bodies and Common Services of Social Security according to their own files and purposes.
- If any of these bodies requests that the interested party provide some personal data, they will inform the interested party at that time of the existence of the file or of the handling of the personal data, the purpose for its collection and the recipients of the information. They will also inform the interested party of the mandatory or optional nature of the responses to the question posed and of the possibility of exercising the rights of access, rectification, cancellation or opposition to the organisation that are requesting the information.