Contenido principal

Change of contribution basis - self-employed workers < Go back

Using this service you can ask to increase or change your contribution basis.

About this procedure

Who it is for

Workers registered in the Special Social Security Scheme for self-employed workers.

What you can do

  • Apply to have your contribution base automatically increased each year by the same percentage as the raise in the maximum contribution bases for this Special Scheme for as long as you remain affiliated to it.
  • Modify your contribution basis in this Special Scheme solely and exclusively for the calendar year following the year in which the change request was made.
  • Get a receipt for the submitted application.

Please note

The period during which the contribution base can be changed using this service is between 1 January and 30 April, coming into effect on 1 July that year, and before 1 November, coming into effect on 1 January the following year.

During the specified period, a self-employed worker may make as many applications as they wish, and only the last one made before 1 November will be taken as the contribution base for the following calendar year.

The service enables changes to be made to the contribution basis in the Special Scheme specified for the same year in which the modification request is made, if the self-employed worker has had the maximum permitted bases for the previous calendar year up until that point.

They can choose any contribution basis between the one they have been paying and the maximum limit that applies to them, up until the last day of the month following the annual publication in the Official State Gazette of the Order implementing the Social Security contribution regulations.

The new contribution basis will come into effect as of 1 January of the year of the application.

To access this service check you have the necessary technical requirements.

Access the Service

Complementary Content